At Walker and Hall we have always believed that early intervention and rehabilitation is the best way to obtain symptom control, improved function and, where appropriate, an early return to work.
Our Medico-legal service was established in 1991 at the request of local Solicitors who wanted to provide a musculoskeletal physiotherapy service for their clients.
How can our Medico-Legal Service help you and your clients?
We offer a comprehensive musculoskeletal physiotherapy service working within the framework of the Pre-Action Protocol for Personal Injury Claims and the Rehabilitation code. The service comprises
- Telephone Triage Interview
A telephone consultation by a Chartered Physiotherapist to establish the rehabilitation needs of the client and give advice where appropriate.
If necessary a follow-up call 1 week later to assess progress made and, where needed, tailor the advice accordingly.
In our experience the Triage Interview is best undertaken within 7 to 10 days of the incident and can be provided to you and your clients on a national level.
- Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Treatment
This involves a musculoskeletal examination of the injured area, the development and explanation of an evidenced based treatment programme and the appropriate physiotherapy treatment.
It includes where appropriate:
- a free quotation for the physiotherapy treatment – this can be provided on the same day as the enquiry
- the initial assessment and treatment at a time that is convenient to the client
- a written report following the initial assessment – which can include a timescale for recovery, the number of treatment sessions, their frequency and cost
- treatment to supplement NHS physiotherapy management where appropriate
- Interim reports
- a treatment summery / discharge report at the end of treatment
Benefits of our Medico-Legal Service to you and your clients
- The client receives the appropriate physiotherapy treatment at a time when it is going to be of most benefit and in accordance with the recommendations of the Rehabilitation Code.
- Because of our belief in early intervention and rehabilitation the majority of clients will have completed their physiotherapy treatment before they see the medical expert.
- In our experience early intervention improves client retention and reduces client “drop out”.
How to instruct Walker and Hall
Should you require further information concerning our Medico-legal service or wish to refer a client please contact us on 01695 570002 or use the “Get in touch with us” form.
At Walker and Hall we do not have a waiting list and most clients are offered an appointment within 24 hours of instruction.
Our Medico-legal service can be provided to you and your clients at all of our specialist treatment centres in Ormskirk (L39 3BN), Liverpool (L1 9EN) and St Helens (WA10 2HT) – click here to see the location of our clinics.
All physiotherapists at Walker and Hall are members of the Medico-Legal Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (MLACP)
The Rehabilitation Code (2007) – click here to download a copy of the Rehabilitation Code (2007)
The Rehabilitation Code is endorsed by many organisations, including:
Association of British Insurers
Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
Bodily Injury Claims Management Association
Case Management Society of the UK
Forum of Insurance Lawyers
International Underwriting Association
Motor Accident Solicitors’ Society